What is a Seat Lift Chair and which is the best one for me?
A lift chair is an adjustable recliner and lifting seat that is electrically powered. Lift chairs are beneficial for individuals who find it difficult to stand up from a chair. They are controlled with a simple hand control and thereby easy to operate. On better quality chairs, there is a battery back up in place that will provide power in the event of a power outage.
Lift chairs come in different shapes and sizes with an array of decor. You can also custom make a seat lift chair with several different positions.
- 2-Postion is probably the most common, it is also known as the TV Recline position. This position is a comfortable position for watching TV, reading, or just to be in a sitting position.
- 3-Position is a full recline that puts you in a great position that is ideal for napping.
- Infinite-Position enables the backrest and footrest to move independently from one another so that a variety of positions can be reached.
- Trendelenburg Position is also a chair that enables the backrest and foot rest to move independently from one another so that a variety of positions can be reached including a lay-flat position.
- Zero Gravity Position this position allows you to be in an Infinite variety of positions, and also positions one’s thighs and lower legs higher than his or her torso.
There are two companies right here in the United States that have demonstrated great quality and attention to detail in their work. Golden Technologies are hand crafted with 40 points of inspection and made in Pennsylvania. Pride Mobility, also based in Pennsylvania, have extensive factory testing to ensure outstanding reliability. Most of their chairs are made in Mississippi. We have a wide variety in our show room, you can easliy come down and try one out. Anyone of our staff can assist you in purchasing and ordering the right one for you.